Depending on the Studioware package you subscribed to, Studioware allows you to create additional user accounts for staff members. Some staff members may not need to access Studioware, therefore, they would not need a Studioware account. Studioware does allow you to create multiple user accounts for a single staff member if needed.
To create a new user account in Studioware, follow these steps:
- Click on Administration | Users | Manage
- The list of users defined to Studioware will be displayed:
- To create a new user, click on the "Add User" in the toolbar. To Edit an existing user, click on the "Edit" button next to the user.
- Select a staff member from the drop down list. Enter in a user name, password, and confirm password.
- Indicate if the user is active by clicking on "Is the Studioware Account Active?". Administrators can easily deactivate user you no long want to have access to the system.
- Indicate if the user is an administrator by clicking on "Is the user an Administrator".
Important Notes about Administrators:
- There must be at least 1 administrator account defined.
- Administrators have full access to Studioware, regardless of their individual security settings.
- Only administrators can edit, edit, or delete other users
- If the user is an administrator, they will automatically receive full security when you click on the save button.
- If the user is not an administrator, select one or more security roles for the user account. For example, in the screen shot below, the user has the ability to Add students, Edit the student name, status, and tags, manage the student families, and edit the student photo. The user does not have the ability to delete a student, or send student emails:
- Click on the Save button to create the new Studioware user account
- You are ready to log on to Studioware with the new account.
It is recommended that you do not share Studioware account. That is, create a Studioware user account for each individual staff member that needs to access the system. Internally, Studioware tracks the action of users in a history log. If you have shared Studioware account, we cannot determine the staff member that performed the action.