PayPal notifies Studioware of a payment using Instant Payment Notifications or IPN.
A Student/Parent should use the Business Portal to make a payment in order for Studioware to be notified.
You can log onto your Business PayPal account and review all the Instant Payment Notifications. You also have the option of re-sending IPN notifications to Studioware for re-processing.
Studioware keeps track of all Notifications sent from PayPal. If a notification is sent more than once, a duplicate payment transaction will NOT be added to student/family financial account
To review the notifications sent from PayPal to Studioware, follow these steps:
- Log onto your PayPal account. You must have a Business PayPal account. This will not work if you only have a Personal PayPal account.
- Next, you need to navigate in PayPal to your Instant Payment Notification history. The easiest way to get to your IPN history is to click on this link:
This link will only work if you have logged onto PayPal
- Your IPN history will appear as follows:
- You can resend one or more IPN transactions, by selecting the transaction and clicking on the "Resend Selected". Typically, you will only want to re-send the "Failed" transaction, or the Studioware Support Team has indicated you should re-send some notifications.
Make sure the value "To Send an IPN again to a profile URL..." is NOT checked, unless the Studioware Support Team instructs you to check the value.
- The selected payment notifications will be re-sent to Studioware and processed. You will notice that the status has a "resending" suffix appended.