Microsoft Excel contains a feature that allows you to import your report data from a web site. This is useful in case you need to manipulate the data, or copy-and-paste the data into another application custom as Email, or QuickBooks.
Here's how to import the Studioware reports into MS Excel:
- Launch MS Excel and create a new Spreadsheet/Workbook.
- Click on the "Data" menu item, and select "From Web" in the sub-menu
- A pop-up browser window "New Web Query" is displayed. This is Excel's built in web browser. Enter in the Studioware web address in the Address box and click "Go": www.Studioware2.com
- Enter in your Studioware Credentials. Studioware uses a secure certificate, so your information is encrypted and protected.
- Click on Reports in the main menu, and navigate to the report you want to import into Excel.
- Click on the "Web" version of the report.
- Excel will display the report in the popup browser window
- Next you need to tell the Excel import process which tables on the report it should import. Click on the "Yellow-Right-Arrow" button in the upper left corner of the pop-up browser to indicate you want to import all the data from the report into Excel. The Yellow arrow should turn to a blue check-mark, as seen below:
- Click on the "Import" button in the Excel Pop-up browser window. Indicate that you want to import the data into a "New Worksheet":
- After you click on the "Ok" button, Excel will retrieve the Studioware report data and display it in a worksheet:
- You have successfully imported the Studioware report into Excel