Studioware allows you to easily create financial transactions for groups of students. For example, you could create a transaction for all students, for students with a certain status, students with specific tags, students enrolled in a specific class, or all enrolled students.
To add the batch transactions, follow these steps:
- Click on "Students" in the main menu.
- Click on "Filters" and select the population of students that will receive the financial transaction. Student filtering allows you to:
- Select students based on student status; for example, all "Active" students
- Select students that have a certain person tag
- All enrolled (or not enrolled) students
- All students in a specific class
- Financial Filters, such as the list of students that have a positive balance but have not made a payment in the last 30 days
- The list of students matching the filter criteria will be displayed.
- Select one or more students from the list that will receive the financial transaction.
Tip: You can easily select every student in the grid by selecting "All Student" from the grid page number, and then selecting the check-box in the column headers:
- Click on "Action" and select "Transaction" from the drop-down menu:
- Select the type of transaction to add (red box), the transaction amount (green box), the transaction note (blue box):
Tip: Please notice the setting "If a student is in a family, only add the transaction once to the family account". This controls is a transaction is created for every student in the family, or only one transaction is created for a family even if multiple students within a same family are selected.
- Studioware responds with a "Success" message indicating your transactions have been queued for processing:
Batch Transactions are not created immediately. It could take up to 5 minutes for Studioware to process you transaction request.
- You will receive an email confirmation when Studioware has completed processing your batch transactions.
Batch Transaction Status:
You can check the status of you Batch Transaction requests by clicking on "Accounting" in the main menu, select the "More" drop-down menu item, and select "Batch Transaction Queue". Here you will be able to see the status of your batch transaction requests.
If your Batch Transaction request has a status "Unprocessed", you can cancel (or delete) your request by selecting one or more requests, and clicking on the "Cancel" or "Delete" buttons.
You can view the transactions that Studioware creates for each Batch by clicking on the "Details" button next to each batch. The list of transactions for the specified batch will be displayed. Simply select any transaction you wish to delete and click on the "Delete Transactions" button: