If a student is enrolling in a class that has already started, you have the option of applying a discount to the student's financial account. At the time of enrollment, Studioware determines if the class has started, and calculates the percentage complete. For example, assume a student is enrolling in a class that has already started, and is 10% complete. Studioware then allows you to apply a 10% discount to the student's financial account. To use Pro-Rating, follow these steps:
- Select a class that has already started.
- Click on "Enroll Students" in the Action drop-down
- The Pro-Rate amount is displayed.
Please Note: By default, Studioware selects "No, I do not want to apply a discount..." in the Pro-Rate options.
- Simply indicate if you want to apply the ProRate discount to the student's financial account, and click on the Save button.
Studioware offers a number of ways to enroll students in classes:
- Open a class and select multiple students. This is known as class enrollment.
- Open a student and select multiple classes. This is known as student enrollment.
- Open the enrollment from a class, and enroll students in another class. This is known as graduation enrollment.
- Select a student from a waiting list, and enroll the student in the class. This is know as forced enrollment.
Regardless of the type of enrollment, if a class has started Studioware will give you the option to Pro-Rate the class. For example, here's what Pro-Rate looks like for student enrollment:
- The full tuition is posted to a students account. An additional "Discount" tuition will be added to the student's financial account if you elect to a Pro-Rate. The Discount transaction will be the first transaction; That is, it will appear before the tuition transactions.
- You can turn off Pro-Rating by adding a global setting "ProRate Classes" and setting the value to "false"
- Pro-Rating is not available when students/parents/families are using the Business Portal. That is, it will not appear on the online enrollment. If you need to pro-rate a class from an online enrollment, you will need to manually add a "discount" transaction.
If all the tuition items for a class are configured as "Tuition is charged for each individual class date", the pro-rating behaves differently. If you elect to pro-rate a student's tuition, and the class tuition is "per class amount", a tuition transaction will not be created for classes that have completed. This is different than the other tuition methods where the pro-rate calculates the percentage of the class completed and applies a discount, a per class tuition pro-rate simply does not include the tuition transaction in a student's account.