If the tuition for a class is a known amount that does not change, then tuition type is Fixed Amount Tuition. Fixed Amount Tuition can have different payment schedules, such as due at the time of enrollment, due at the first class, or due at the individual class dates, but the key with this tuition is that the amount is fixed/static and does not change for a specific population of students (or all students).
To create Fixed Amount Tuition, and to set the payment schedule for the tuition, follow these steps:
- Click on Classes in the Main Menu
- Find a class in the list of classes. Optionally, you can type in the Class's Internal Id, or Class Name to filter the class list. In the "Action" drop-down list, select "Tuition":
- Click on "Add Class Tuition" to add a new class tuition, or click on "Edit" next to an existing tuition item to edit.
Tip: If you edit and save an existing tuition item, Studioware will not update the tuition of student already enrolled in the class. The changed tuition will apply to all new students that enroll in the class after the tuition has been changed.
- Under "Class Tuition Type" select the "A fixed amount of tuition is charged for the class". The different payment schedule options will then appear:
- There are 3 options for the payment schedule for the fixed tuition
- Select the first option if there is only one tuition payment. Enter in the total amount of the tuition and select when that total amount is due. Your payment options include
- Time of Enrollment (including online enrollment)
- Class start date
- Beginning of the month of the class start date
- End of the month of the class start date
- The second option allows you to specify the full tuition amount, and Studioware will create tuition transactions for each of the class dates. For example, suppose a class is 10 weeks long, and meets once a week. With option 2, you could specify the total tuition is $150, and Studioware would create 10 tuition transactions for $15 for the 10 class dates.
- The last options allows you to specify an amount of tuition that is due at the beginning (or end) of a month, for a set number of months. For example, you can set the tuition to be $50 per month, due at the beginning of the month, for 4 months.
- Select one or more Tags that this tuition applies to. At a minimum select the "Student" tag.
- Click on Save to save this tuition item