Custom Dates tuition allows you to set the dates the tuition is due in relation to the start date of the class. To configure a class to use Custom Dates tuition, follow these steps:
- Create or edit a Tuition Item for a class
- Select "I want to customize the tuition amounts and payment dates" as the "Class Tuition Type":
- Select the amount of the Custom Dates tuition. The amount can be:
- Full Tuition Amount: Enter in the full amount of the class's tuition
- Student Custom Field: Select the student custom fields that contains the class tuition
- Staff Member's Tuition Rate: The tuition rate a staff member charges for a class
- Specify the payment percentages and due dates in relation to the start date of the class. To specify the due date of the tuition payment, please enter in the "Payment Type" and Days value. Valid "Payment Type" values include
- Beginning of Month. The tuition payment is due at the beginning of the month in relation to the start date. The "Days" value would equate to the number of months before/after the start date. For example, if the first payment is due the beginning of the month before the start date, enter in -1 for the "Days" value. If the second payment is due at the beginning of the month of the class start date, enter in 0 for the "Days" value.
- Days: The number of days before or after the start date when the payment is due
- End of Month: The payment is due at the end of the month related to the class start date
- Months: The payment is due based on the number of months before or after the class start date
- Class Number: The payment is due on the specified class number
- Class Stop Date: The payment is due related to the class's stop date
- The payment is due the number of weeks before or after the start date
- The total percentage should add to 100% to ensure the tuition amount is allocated correctly.
- The Description will change based on the values you select. The Description will help you determine the correct values for Payment Type and Days
- Negative values for "Days" should be used to target dates that occur before the class starts
- Positive values for "Days" should be used to target dates that occur after the class starts
- The value zero should be used for "Days" to obtain the class start date.
- Click on the "Save" button to save the Custom Dates tuition
Tip: We recommend that you enroll a "Test" student into the class with Custom Dates to ensure the dates are configure correctly.